Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
Check your local statutes. Many municipalities limit small claims actions to $2 - 3,000. If you're limited, you can still sue in small claims court to the maximum limit and write-off the difference. I'm not sure I agree with Floatsflyer. You might be able to make a case for fraud or fraudulent inducement. Finding a city or county attorney willing to take the case is another discussion but it's worth the time to discuss it with them. I'd also post the seller's name here, Barnstormer, anywhere you can. Guilt or embarrassment might convince the guy to cooperate. If nothing else, you might be able to save the next guy some time and money.
Here we have a limit of $10,000. From what I've heard the judges are extremely conservative and if someone has been deceived and evidence is available (which I have) then you have a very clear case of deception. SCC, I'm told is a little like going to your parents for a dispute to be resolved. They generally act extremely fairly. If someone stole money from you based off of a misrepresentation than it will be a fairly straight-forward case.