Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: AOPA Forums History

  1. #11
    FlyingRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC26 (Catawba, NC)
    Posts
    2,215
    The med support outside the forum was counterproductive to me. Eh? Their forums are more active than this board. The major difference is you never see an AOPA staffer on the boards there. It's a 100% volunteer activity.

  2. #12
    Mike Switzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The major difference is you never see an AOPA staffer on the boards there.
    Unless one of the writers is trolling for material for a magazine article. And just like every other time I have talked to the media, I was misquoted.

  3. #13
    gbrasch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The med support outside the forum was counterproductive to me. Eh? .
    How was it counter productive Ron? The few times I have used them it was very helpful.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

  4. #14
    FlyingRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC26 (Catawba, NC)
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    How was it counter productive Ron? The few times I have used them it was very helpful.
    Because they gave out patently wrong information that ended up in me being unnecessarily grounded for 12 weeks while I got the stupidity unravelled. Dr. B pretty much told me that I was fed a load of bull by the AOPA and that my AME probably should have been decertfiied (for reasons unrelated to my application).

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    S. Ca.
    Posts
    8
    I was trying to be supportive, but I won't use "the hangar" as a web board.
    I have a sneaky suspicion that this forum will get a lot more active.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clarklake, MI
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by n1acguy View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion that this forum will get a lot more active.
    That would be a good thing!

  7. #17
    Puertoricoflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St Augustine, FL & Aguadilla, PR
    Posts
    30
    The medical support Dr. B provided on the AOPA Forum was beyond excellent. That, and having so many really knowledgeable persons actively participating made it my favorite aviation Forum. Too bad it will close, so I will now visit this forum a lot more often.

    Galin
    KIS4 - N819PR
    CP, ASEL, AMEL, IR
    http://www.puertoricoflyer.com

  8. #18
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Puertoricoflyer View Post
    The medical support Dr. B provided on the AOPA Forum was beyond excellent. That, and having so many really knowledgeable persons actively participating made it my favorite aviation Forum. Too bad it will close, so I will now visit this forum a lot more often.
    If by "Dr. B." you're referring to Dr. Bruce Chien, he's on the Pilots of America forum... which was created, in fact, due to earlier issues with the AOPA forums.

    https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/

    Ron Wanttaja

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •