Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
Many of us look at something beyond "safe and practical transportation." In fact that's (for me) one of the lesser, but nice, factors. Enjoyment of the challenges or the nostalgia or the view from upstairs or many other things factor in (for me) ahead of "safe and practical transportation." Tailwheels and older aircraft (Stearman, Cub, Citabria, T-Craft, etc.) and aerobatic aircraft are more attractive to me than Mooneys and Arrows (I might almost make an exception for the Bonanza since it's fun).

Cessna 180s/185s, as an example, allow getting in to the back country more easily than Bonanza/Mooney/Arrow do. Bonanza is my favorite for trips, but for local a Cub or Champ or Luscombe are more enjoyable and a little more challenging, as well, which adds to the attraction. I could go on, but I think you get the idea. So we have different purposes for aviation. Each to his own.

P.S. The C-150/152 aren't all that attractive to me (I have plenty of time in both), and they're not all that comfortable either.
Sure, I understand and yes. For someone looking for a beginning in GA,

A 152 is a great $tart. First aircraft I owned.

Jake Speed