Thread: C-119

C-119

Are there any C-119 that are flyable ? I saw one on YouTube in Maryland showing an engine run .

Quote Originally Posted by skyranger View Post
    Are there any C-119 that are flyable ? I saw one on YouTube in Maryland showing an engine run .
    I think there is still one in AK that is still airworthy - N1349N. Have no idea if it is ever flown.
    Otherwise I would guess there's maybe 3-4 in storage that could "rise from the ashes" and fly again even without the help of Heinrich Dorfmann.

If that's the plane I think you're talking about at HGR, when the guys flew it in there they stated they weren't ever intending to fly it again.

The last I have heard was this engine run from 2014: https://random-air.blogspot.com/2019...g-boxcars.html

There used to be one at the airport in Battle Mountain, NV. KBAM Not flying though.
    It used to be used for fire fighting and, as the story goes, it has an engine failure on take off. Never got off the ground so no other damage to the plane. They did not want to fix it so it was pulled off the runway and sat for years at the airport.
    A group of people recently got title to it and plan on putting the fuselage on a bus chassis and making it into a party bus of sorts.
    The tail booms are still there and some other parts.
    The most interesting part of it was the jet engine that was on top of it. I guess that was used for assist on take off.

Look up rollingboxcar.com