Thread: Can't view solidworks electrical tutorials

Can't view solidworks electrical tutorials

I finally got the software to download and install.

When I load SW Electrical there's an option in the right panel for a tutorial. When I start the tutorial, the first lesson says it can't find the page to download the environment "http://swelectrical-help.solidworks.com".

I've searched for the page with a browser and it apparently doesn't exist. How do I fix this?

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Solidworks Electrical"! SolidWorks has an Add-In called CircuitWorks that enables interaction with PCB electrical design software (ECAD). Here is a link describing what it does:
    https://help.solidworks.com/2019/eng...s_overview.htm
    The SolidWorks Tutorials have quite a good tutorial on how to use CircuitWorks with SW.

But maybe you are thinking about electrical cable routing? That's another kettle of fish. Again, there is a SolidWorks tutorial on the subject.

Perhaps you would be prepared to share with us what you are trying to do.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey: He is referring to SOLIDWORKS Electrical, which is a separate product that downloads with our new license to SOLIDWORKS Education Premium.

Raisbeck: When you open SOLIDWORKS Electrical for the first time, it asks you if you want to update it. When you do, it installs A LOT of items, from electrical symbols to tutorials. If you do not say yes to everything, you may have missed the option to install tutorials. Try Repairing the SOLIDWORKS Electrical. This should help:

1. Open Add Remove Programs and select Modify SOLIDWORKS
    2. Select Repair and uncheck everything but SOLIDWORKS Electrical

That should reset it to the original installation state and you can click accept for all of the updates this time around.