Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Basic VFR Instruments

Ah, thanks, that makes sense!

And thank you for understanding that when I ask questions like this, A) it really is a question, and B) I need simple explanations, preferably with small words.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Ah, thanks, that makes sense!
    Thank you, Frank. Feedback is always good. They say you don't know a subject until you can teach it. I agree.

Just found this pic. Please note that there is no P-S driven airspeed or altimeter installed installed. I think I found the answer to my original question.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Just found this pic.
    I can't believe I'm doing this (must like punishment). Dave: I see no picture.

If the picture is of the panel of an EAB airplane, I agree you have found the answer to your question … supported by all the other posts on this thread. No required instruments for EAB airplanes.

Will try this again
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Well, the image keeps getting scrubbed off so here is the link. The aircraft is equipped with nav lights....wonder if it’s approved for night VFR.

https://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=1496942
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Well, the image keeps getting scrubbed off so here is the link. The aircraft is equipped with nav lights....wonder if it’s approved for night VFR.

Are you sure that the I-K Tech airspeed indicator is not pitot/static driven? I was looking into their instruments at one time and I'm pretty sure that it is.
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,100 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

E-AB aircraft don't get "approved" for night or IFR flight. It is the responsibility of the pilot to comply with night and IFR requirements per 91.205.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

This is interesting. I know the Garmin 496 has no P-S information. In fact, the manual states that one has to input that data into the unit from the airspeed and altimeter instruments.

The transponder, on the other hand, has to be getting static pressure from somewhere.

-Ron "definitely don't know all the answers" Blum