Thread: Unofficial WingX user guide available

Unofficial WingX user guide available

This is my first post since joining EAA about a month ago ... don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

Anyway, this is on behalf of my cousin Tony who is not a member (yet) of this forum but is a keen pilot and is building an RV7 - long way to go !!.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This had been a passion project for me. I have always wanted to put together a guide to WingX to help new and existing users, get the most out of WingX.

During a recent 6 week out of town work assignment – I found I had the time in the evenings – so what started as a good idea, quickly grew to the point where it is today.

At some point I have to raise the flag and say “I am done” – that day is today.

The link posted below is to a PDF file on Google Drive, it is to the first public release, but I expect there to be some revisions required once people read it and if possible make suggestions.

Feedback/comments can be sent to fallenbrick2014@gmail.com or IM within this forum – I welcome all corrections and suggestions

http://bit.ly/2cvFoQB

Hope you find it useful.

Tony.

>> You can IM any comments to me and I will pass them on

We have been approached on other forums about offering to pay something for the guide. This was not done for financial gain but if you feel it is worth something to you, with Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching , please consider donating your money to one of the local Phoenix food banks. Lets add a bit of cheer to those less fortunate than ourselves.

http://www.firstfoodbank.org/get-involved/donate

Version 1.3 of the guide is now published - which includes some of the new features introduced in version 8.6.10 of the WingX app.

http://bit.ly/2cvFoQB

Welcome to the forum, I dont know what wing x is, but if if is simulator there is a topic just for sim stuff, if it is actual flying software, maybe th9is is the topic.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-09-2017 at 09:28 AM.

I have only been using WingX for a few months, and just stated reviewing your guide today. I've learned several new things already. I'd rate your guide "EXCELLENT" so far. Thanks for taking the time to generate your guide.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by depfer@yahoo.com View Post
    I have only been using WingX for a few months, and just stated reviewing your guide today. I've learned several new things already. I'd rate your guide "EXCELLENT" so far. Thanks for taking the time to generate your guide. Jim
    Updated to include WingX version 9 changes

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabo View Post
    Updated to include WingX version 9 changes

Version 2 of the “Unofficial WingX guide” is now available FREE !

This version includes details of the Android version of WingX, highlights both the differences and limitations between the two versions.

bit.ly/2cvFoQB