Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the City of Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance?

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!

Where is the City of Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance?

Do to the heavy rains Camp Scholler had to be closed.
    And after seeing the back up of RVs and camper trailers on the 41 access roads in front of camp Scholler.
    I started thinking about Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance and if one actually exist.

And a couple questions arose.

How can the city of Oshkosh allow a Private Camp Ground be built without proper infrastructure.
    1. Provide paved or graveled roads for the campers to be able to access their camp sites.
    2. Provide a solid gravel driveway/parking pad for the RVs or camping trailers to park on.

Now I know Camp Scholler is not a full-time summer usage Camp Ground. But the City of Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance may be lacking a bit. Considering what it may of cost EAA to park all those RVs and camper trailers at near-by privately owned business parking lots. EAA could have use those funds to put a dent into building a Camp Ground with proper infrastructure, For example: 1. & 2.

If you look at Wisconsin state parks they are built with the proper infrastructure, For example: 1. & 2.
    But than again they are full-time usage Camp Ground.

What does the nearby Sleep Hollow camp ground infrastructure look like? probably, 1. & 2.

Rubber boot store sales must of been off the charts :-)

I live in Oshkosh, and I don't recall ever seeing a specific camp ground ordinance. Regulations regarding camp grounds may be buried in some of their other ordinances. Any way, I believe Camp Scholler is not technically within the city limits of Oshkosh, it may be within either the town of Nekimi or the town of Black Wolf. If so, city of Oshkosh ordinances would not apply.

For reference, you can find the city of Oshkosh ordinances here: http://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/weblink/...startid=575047

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Do to the heavy rains Camp Scholler had to be closed.
    And after seeing the back up of RVs and camper trailers on the 41 access roads in front of camp Scholler.
    I started thinking about Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance and if one actually exist.

And a couple questions arose.

How can the city of Oshkosh allow a Private Camp Ground be built without proper infrastructure.
    1. Provide paved or graveled roads for the campers to be able to access their camp sites.
    2. Provide a solid gravel driveway/parking pad for the RVs or camping trailers to park on.

Now I know Camp Scholler is not a full-time summer usage Camp Ground. But the City of Oshkosh's Private Camp Ground Ordinance may be lacking a bit. Considering what it may of cost EAA to park all those RVs and camper trailers at near-by privately owned business parking lots. EAA could have use those funds to put a dent into building a Camp Ground with proper infrastructure, For example: 1. & 2.

If you look at Wisconsin state parks they are built with the proper infrastructure, For example: 1. & 2.
    But than again they are full-time usage Camp Ground.

What does the nearby Sleep Hollow camp ground infrastructure look like? probably, 1. & 2.

Rubber boot store sales must of been off the charts :-)
    I have been to many campgrounds private and municipal that did not provide either 1 or 2. Many folks camp to get away from pavement and gravel.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I keep hearing from EAA that "Without the volunteers AirVenture would not exist"
    So its fair to say, that the volunteers are where EAA's bread and butter is at.

That said" I would say there is a high number of volunteers camping at camp Scholler, some a month before AirVenture starts. Wouldn't you think, that if EAA's greatest asset is staying at their campground, EAA would gold plate the roads and campsites.

If EAA's number one priority is not high quality camping accommodation for their number one asset, then all this talk, "Without the volunteers AirVenture would not exist" is becoming just lip service.

Hopefully The STUDY, that EAA has commissioned, will recommend high quality camping accommodation for their number one asset,The Volunteers and their members. (You must be a EAA member to purchase a campsite at EAA's camp Scholler)

WFRV Local 5 news, At 1:22 into video broadcast. Jack Pelton talks about the Northwestern University's Transportation Center to study.

Northwestern University video at Airventure 2019

Northwestern University Facebook

Northwestern University twitter
    scroll down to July 25th

FYI: Just remember those electric & water sites are close to $70 bucks per night, with no refund if you leave early.
    And some people have prepaid days or weeks in advance to reserve those electric & water sites.
    You pay the entire amount, for the site, from the date you reserve until the last day of AirVenture, regardless if you are onsite or not.

"
    Hopefully
    The STUDY
    , that EAA has commissioned, will recommend high quality camping accommodation"

As I understand it, the N/W University Transportation study is studying pedestrian flow, buses and tram activities etc. I would be highly surprised if the study even mentioned the camping, beyond how folks travel to and from.

Perhaps I'm mistaken or you're engaging in 'wishful thinking'? lol
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Perhaps I'm mistaken or you're engaging in 'wishful thinking'? lol
    Ah, You're probably right, that study, when the results become public, will just be more lip service.
    Then again, at the moment, My glass is half empty, but it can be Filled-up! lol

It’s a hay field that’s opened one or two times a year for us to pitch a tent. Where’s the problem again?
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
    It’s a hay field that’s opened one or two times a year for us to pitch a tent. Where’s the problem again?
    Exactly. EAA can only afford to add and maintain a certain amount of infrastructure for an event that lasts one week on an annual basis. Domesticating the North, South, East, or West 40 just ain't gonna make the list.

You know what is kind of interesting.
    I haven't yet heard anybody say, EAA AirVenture 2019 was hit by a once in a 100 years storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    You know what is kind of interesting.
    I haven't yet heard anybody say, EAA AirVenture 2019 was hit by a once in a 100 years storm.
    There is always the option of, if you don't like the conditions, stay home. But that doesn't appear to be happening as more and more people seem to be coming each year!