Thread: Beer Anyone?

Beer Anyone?

I'm thinking this event needs a serious biergarten... put aside a couple acres and bring in the taps. What goes better with brats after all? A couple of delicious frosty pints would pair nicely with most anything AirVenture. Before you jump on me about how all that and more are available just outside the perimeter gates... slow down Mr... what about bringing the revenue under the "big tent" so EAA, Young Eagles, or Chapters could get a boost? Imagine how many kegs could be emptied just watching the STOL show alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
    I'm thinking this event needs a serious biergarten... put aside a couple acres and bring in the taps. What goes better with brats after all? A couple of delicious frosty pints would pair nicely with most anything AirVenture. Before you jump on me about how all that and more are available just outside the perimeter gates... slow down Mr... what about bringing the revenue under the "big tent" so EAA, Young Eagles, or Chapters could get a boost? Imagine how many kegs could be emptied just watching the STOL show alone?
    On one hand you're right.

On the other hand, a bunch of drunk townies (i.e. no skin in the aviation game) amongst all of the showplanes sounds like a recipe for bad things happening.

Probably my age Kyle but after a couple pints I just wanna get into my tent and dream of my next day in Wonderland. Looking at the demographic as we did walking around... we didn't see a bunch of potential rebel-rousers. Just mature folks looking for a comfy chair, good service, and a pint!

For that, you can go to SOS right outside the grounds. I have not been there, but others have spoken highly of it.

Most people would drink responsibly, but it only takes a couple near the unguarded flightline to make things really bad. (Most people observed the "do not touch" signs on the airplanes, too. Some do not, even when not drinking and when flight line people are watching!)

And...we did have beer and many of the vendors this year. I even enjoyed a can of the special 50th anniversary beer myself.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

The Vintage Cafe (Major Goolsby) has extensive table seating and beer and wine. Of course, the SOS brothers have the traditional Oshkosh beer garden experience. They used to have it on their own property where the forums are now, until the EAA (well Winnebago County) evicted them and they moved down the street a bit.