Thread: Scholler Campground-Handicap

Scholler Campground-Handicap

According to the 2019 "Official Visitor's & Camper's Guide" the campground map (page 16) does not show there is a Handicap camping area between Lindbergh Ave. and Schaick Ave. even though the 24th & 25th streets have been marked off with handicap signs, and has been for many years. In past year years this has been a 24hr generator area for the handicap. EAA Security acknowledges that there is a handicap area there, however they think that the map, which is not marked handicap, takes priority over the (page 10) instructions for Handicap Access which says " A RV/Handicap camping area for those requiring 24-hour operation of auxiliary generators is available on a first come, first served basis." EAA Security seems to think that my lying eyes were just reading that lying print! Must schedule my eye doc visit.

I think EAA security is staffed by volunteers who got fired from all the other positions. Kinda like giving a kid a plastic deputy badge to feel important. Like me telling one of them there was a guy running a generator right beside the sign that said “no generators”. His response? “I’ve been working security here for over ten years. There’s no such sign or area. Some camper must have put one up. Go take a picture of it.”

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I think EAA security is staffed by volunteers who got fired from all the other positions. Kinda like giving a kid a plastic deputy badge to feel important. Like me telling one of them there was a guy running a generator right beside the sign that said “no generators”. His response? “I’ve been working security here for over ten years. There’s no such sign or area. Some camper must have put one up. Go take a picture of it.”
    Most EAA security positions are paid positions, but are staffed by temporary help. That said, many of those people have been working the event for years, and this year they implemented a green shirt for Security leaders. Not sure how they identified who those people would be, but one would hope they would be people with many years of AV experience. Given the changes in the campground every year, one would hope the security staff are made aware of those changes.