Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable To Receive Download?

Unable To Receive Download?

Over the past two weeks I've tried multiple times to get a download for Solidworks through EAA. I fill out the form, and it says I will receive an email shortly... The email never comes. I typed in the email correctly, my member number is correct, but nothing ever shows up. Are the servers broken? Has this ability been discontinued?

Thank you for any input or help.

Have you looked in your spam filter or reports to see if the email is getting blocked?
    Minnesota

I have checked all of my folders, including both Spam and Trash. Unfortunately, nothing is there...

I have done this process before, and it worked (about 7 months ago). The number from my older download no longer works on the Solidworks website, unfortunately.

I found out the issue.

For some reason, my email was not being accepted as a correct email format. So that you know, it is ***********17@gmail.com (where the * characters are letters). I assume that the form errors because of the numbers before the @ symbol. Also important to note, is that the warning message only flashes for half a second. This makes it very hard to see, and even once you know to look, there isn't enough time to read it. Using my second email, it worked the first time.

When you use Gmail, our instructions end up in your Promotions tab (not in spam folder).

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    When you use Gmail, our instructions end up in your Promotions tab (not in spam folder).
    My other account is also a gmail account. I checked the Promotions folder on the first account as well- It was never sent (or at least never arrived).

Unable to receive download

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    After fillng in the form to receive a download code, no e-mail arrives - in any folder. My e-mail addr is dcarter204040@gmail.com Another poster 6 Aug 19 said he believes the numbers in the e-mail address cause the e-mail to be deemed invalid. Help us.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
    After fillng in the form to receive a download code, no e-mail arrives - in any folder. My e-mail addr is dcarter204040@gmail.com Another poster 6 Aug 19 said he believes the numbers in the e-mail address cause the e-mail to be deemed invalid. Help us.
    In Gmail, folders are on the left side and tabs are across the top. There are tabs for Primary, Social and Promotions. The EAA email will show up in Promotions. You can also search for "SOLIDWORKS" in the search field and it should turn up.

I have been using the free SolidWorks - EAA since they started offering it back in 2016 I believe. So this year I wanted to renew my subscription and update to the newest version.
    I followed the information in my email and un-installed the old 2018-2019 version like I have done each year. I got serial numbers (9020) and thought I was all set.

When trying to download the new version: it alerts me that SolidWorks will not run on Windows 7 with service pack 0 and that I must update to service pack 1 for it to work. Trouble is, I have Windows 10 and have for the last 3+ years. I tried it multiple times and always the same alert and so it will not download.

The last time I tried it alerted me that SolidWorks will not work with Windows XP, again, my machine is running Windows 10 and I have had the SolidWorks program running on my same computer for 3 years now.

So anybody have any idea's how I can get the current download?

I'm also having the same issue as dcarter (but no numbers in my email address). Over the past week, I've submitted multiple forms and still no response from SOLIDWORKS - in any of the Gmail folders.

Also, on the SOLIDWORKS Related Benefits page, the link to GSC Training & Resources (http://www2.gsc-3d.com/eaa) says it can't be reached.