Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hilarious vendors...

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    I donít think he technically qualified as a vendor but I miss the one man band guy. \.
    There was a tribute to him at his usual location: Name:  2019-07-23 Oshkosh Jerry One Man Band.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  95.0 KB

The sign on the bench says "Jerry's Corner"

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    I donít think he technically qualified as a vendor but I miss the one man band guy. He quit coming a few years back due to his age and health. I think his name was Jerry. Whenever I heard is polka music I knew I back home in Oshkosh.
    He sold CDs of his music as I recall.
    Bryan

Houston

I was really happy to see the Jerry tribute and speaker set up. The music could be a tad louder, but bravo to who put it together. hope it becomes a permanent tribute. Airventure will always be growing and evolving, but keeping old traditions alive is important.

Quote Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
    I was really happy to see the Jerry tribute and speaker set up. The music could be a tad louder, but bravo to who put it together. hope it becomes a permanent tribute. Airventure will always be growing and evolving, but keeping old traditions alive is important.
    Absolutely agree. I was touched to see Jerry's tribute. I'm glad folks are remembering him.

It used to be a "thing" to have Jerry sign your logbook. I didn't know this until I read it in another forum. I wasn't planning on attending the following year, but thought I should go for no other reason than to get his autograph. Flew in, grabbed my log book, hopped on the yellow tram. Jerry was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Not hilarious, but the one thing I do not miss one bit are the vendors in the big hangars who pester the crap out of you every time you walk past with their non-aviation, late-night-TV-ad junk. Glasses cleaner, gutter shield, jewelry cleaner, all that garbage. If they want to have those places fill up the un-rented booths just to avoid having empty space, great... but I sure do wish they'd be restricted from accosting people as they walk by.
    Find one of the security folks that usually hang out at the entrance to the hangars. I saw one guy step out into the aisle and grab an elderly gentlemen by the elbow and move him towards their booth. I let the security lady know and when she was done with them their butts were ragged.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Absolutely agree. I was touched to see Jerry's tribute. I'm glad folks are remembering him.
    And ironically, you miss them most after they're gone... A selfie with him would have been a nice item in past trip photo collections.
    Bryan

Houston

One of my all time favorite vendors was the artist who created metal sculptures of aircraft from bits of tin and welding rod. Some were quite whimsical with bits of cloth covering the structure, complete with flapping wings and spinning propellers. Everything he created was a work of art and his pieces commanded a respectable fee. I loved the dirigibles.
    Never heard what happened to him.
    Last edited by Ronald Franck; 08-07-2019 at 04:20 PM.