Up front: I do NOT want them turned down next year.

For all the big money vendors that are aviation related, I found some of the smaller ones that had nothing to do with it very entertaining.

The Army-Navy surplus tent was nostalgic to the point of tears; things I was issued while in uniform are now "vintage" or have "era" placed after them. I was a bit misty eyed as I wound my watch.

The woo-woo energy nullification guys were so earnest in their stuff that I had to talk to them, though to be honest I couldn't resist stopping the spiel about how electromagnetic rays cause cancer to enlighten them that the secret is to put a layer of guacamole between the layers of tin foil when fashioning a hat, and everyone can do that at home for a very low cost. Nothing - and I mean nothing - stops the gov't rays like a thick coating of guacamole.

I did find the lack of homemade soap merchants distressing. Perhaps it's a Southern thing, but every event that has vendors down here has at least one woman selling it.

The sticker guy certainly had a political leaning, that's for sure. That was kind of a surprise, and it wouldn't shock me if he wasn't back next year.

I'm not mentioning all of them, naturally, as I kind of whizzed past through there a couple times. What was y'all's favorite non-aviation vendor?