Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OSH Arrival cut off

First, serious rain events that adversely effects the grounds only occur about every ten years. It’s highly unlikely any significant investment to mitigate the issues would made.
    If the grounds can’t support vehicular traffic then EAA should have a plan with WiDOT to have more and better signage in place along the 41 corridor. Starting at 30-40 miles or more to the south for sure. This should include status of parking for daily parking. If Camp Scholler grounds are compromised then they could wave off the RVs and prevent the stack up onto 41. Getting to Fond du Lac and discovering the grounds are closed is too late due to the limited number of exits.
    I do think EAA works hard to make the best of a bad situation for all. They sometimes don’t do a good job sharing their reasoning and the optics of looking in from the outside in can be poor.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

They would have to be electronic signs for updated information, and those signs can’t display much information. I think a better idea is to use EAA Radio to get the information out. In today’s connected world, it can be heard on the internet, so most people can hear it on cell phones if they’re outside AM FM range.
    I think it would be great if EAA Radio could get the capability to give traffic and parking lot status about every 15 minutes from 7 to 10 AM too. Even in normal conditions, I’d like to know what parking lot to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    They would have to be electronic signs for updated information, and those signs can’t display much information. I think a better idea is to use EAA Radio to get the information out. In today’s connected world, it can be heard on the internet, so most people can hear it on cell phones if they’re outside AM FM range.
    I think it would be great if EAA Radio could get the capability to give traffic and parking lot status about every 15 minutes from 7 to 10 AM too. Even in normal conditions, I’d like to know what parking lot to go to.
    A text system like they use for aircraft arrivals would be a good solution too and wouldn't require much in the way of resources on EAA's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    A text system like they use for aircraft arrivals would be a good solution too and wouldn't require much in the way of resources on EAA's end.
    I was getting texts about the condition of camp all week.

Texting and driving?????
    Don’t know about Wisconsin but that’s illegal in Georgia but absolutely agree there are many and better ways for EAA to push info out real-time that need to be utilized.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Texting and driving?????
    Don’t know about Wisconsin but that’s illegal in Georgia but absolutely agree there are many and better ways for EAA to push info out real-time that need to be utilized.
    Perhaps a passenger could read the text. Perhaps you could read the text at your next stop. There are lots of options.