Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture and dogs....my "pet" peeve.

Considering how truly deafening so many of the aircraft flown at AirVenture are to us mere humans - I can't imagine how much agony that noise must create for dogs. Bringing one to the event strikes me as a form of cruelty to animals.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 08-19-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

There is only one reason you see dogs at any airshow. The dogs are smarter than their owners.

Some people who have dogs are just like cigarette addicts about them. They think they have to take the dogs everywhere. I really don't think a dog with their sensitive hearing should be exposed to all the noise at Airventure. But to some people who don't have kids dogs are like there substitute kids. Another thing I have never understood is why anyone would want to buy some weird off breed dog, when there are a couple of good old fashioned proven types.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Another thing I have never understood is why anyone would want to buy some weird off breed dog...
    I'm not familiar with that breed..???

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I'm not familiar with that breed..???
    Anything other than a collie or German shepherd, I guess.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Anything other than a collie or German shepherd, I guess.
    Must...resist...humorous speculation...on the kind of dog...Bill owns..... :-)

Ron "****" Wanttaja

Well, you are almost right, except that I have never owned a colie, I do think they are good dogs. I m old fashioned enough, I had a German Shepard as a kid growing up and later had two more that were great. And when it came time to get my Son a dog, a Golden Retriever, which are so good natured.
    Its a little like when I go to our bakery here, they've got chocolate chip cookies and then a bunch of also rans, cant even tell you their names.

I don't have a dog and don't want one. I'm through raising babies/kids. BUT, I'm partial to Labs, my daughter has 2 of them.

We've got enough dogs in the neighborhood that my wife carries dog treats with her on her walks even though we don't own any. Oddly, my wife had several dogs but she never raised any from puppyhood (all adopted as full grown). Our neighbor has two great pyrenees puppies. The day my mother died our neighbor brought the puppies over (you need puppies). They're still puppies but one is pushing 90 pounds now.

Understand part of the flightline is a camping area.