Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airventure - Bigger is not better

I love radial engines more than most but... why is the T-28 vastly less annoying than the T-6's? You know why... why is a super powerful P-47 less annoying than a T-6? For the love of God I pray all T-6 owners just call (today is best) MT Prop or similar, bolt it on, and start making friends today. Your props are obnoxious! There.. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
    I love radial engines more than most but... why is the T-28 vastly less annoying than the T-6's? You know why... why is a super powerful P-47 less annoying than a T-6? For the love of God I pray all T-6 owners just call (today is best) MT Prop or similar, bolt it on, and start making friends today. Your props are obnoxious! There.. I said it.
    I have to agree with this. I have really grown to hate the T-6's. They exude a sound of inefficiency. Mustangs (and all Merlin/Allison/Griffin siblings) sing out a fantastic "time to wake up, gonna be a great day, let's go get em!" call. Radial music is even better. Prop tip noise is just that, noise not power. If Aeroshell switched over to T-28's I would be a much bigger fan. Not sure how we got on to this topic in this thread, but it does fit. When it comes to props, bigger is not always better. Keep em subsonic.