Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
Warbirds on the other hand... T-6's taking liberty with their status throughout the show just coming and going... the noise alone got old on day 2 and I'm an airplane guy! .
I am not sure what your complaint is. DURING the airshow they are not taking advantage of their "status." They are launching and recovering for their part in the airshow. Different T-6's have different parts at different times. With VERY RARE exceptions -- which have to be individually approved by the FAA -- no one "comes and goes" during the air show, just airshow launch and recovery. If you are talking about in the morning before the airshow, they are taking off to rehearse and work out the bugs from the previous performance. Same for the P-51's and other formation aircraft.

My wife tells me that one of the things she likes the best about Oshkosh in the 6 am Merlin engine alarm clock -- as the P-51s depart for their formation practice.

To go back to the original post, I do wonder when attendance will become so large that it will no longer be enjoyable for anyone.