Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsung hero company at Oshkosh goes to....

Unsung hero company at Oshkosh goes to....

The porta-potty companies.

That's a lot of pee and poo being generated almost non-stop, and I wasn't in a single one that was nasty or full.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I 100% concur. The company staff providing the non-stop service were true pros. Talk about a dirty, thankless job. And thank the heavens they are there to do it every year. Never was in a nasty one either.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Oh My Gosh, YES! I don't know what those guys and gals are paid, but the eaa owes them more than they get. Go ahead, bump up my ticket price, cause they are awesome! The porties I visited were clean, had sanitizer and lots of toilet paper (or whatever it is we call it today), I had privacy and were located where and when I wanted. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Was watching a team of them working on cleaning a line of them, and people walking between the pots and their truck, trying to use them, oblivious to them trying to clean them. Finally they had to take a strap between the truck and the pots to keep the people out. I sure hope they are paid well for the job they have to do, and did well!

Banned
    It's a sh*tty job but someone has to do it. And glad someone does.

For the port a pottie crews!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

When I was there last year, my pop up was within 50 feet of three porta pottys. I spent a lot of time at the camper because of some leg problems so I got to see the PP guys fairly often and I always told them how much I appreciated the work they do. I worked construction for 50 years and I can tell you, the only time those PP's are not nasty is within the first 30 min of cleaning. I have also seen a couple burn to the water line !!! An email to the company would really make their day.

I found myself thinking about their cleanliness, too. I stepped in one in the afternoon and thought dang this thing is clean!!

I like the idea of thanking the PP provider.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Just sent off my thank-you e-mail to:

peggy@rentapotty.net , the Dean Septic contact person in Fond Du Lac.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I've been there four times, and have been impressed all four times by the fact that the porta-potties are without exception the cleanest I've ever seen. The last two trips I camped in HBC, and the shower trailers were also exceptionally clean, cool, and make the whole experience a lot better.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.