Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsung hero company at Oshkosh goes to....

+1 The company does a consistently good job!!
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    The porta-potty companies.

That's a lot of pee and poo being generated almost non-stop, and I wasn't in a single one that was nasty or full.
    I guess I'll have to disagree. This year the servicing was particularly AWFUL especially early on during the show. Levels were getting up to near the seat in many. For the first few days there were NO portapotties open south of the Red Barn in Vintage save the one that was supposed to be for vounteers at our flight line ops (but we left open) and two out of a bank in the camping area behind the hangar cafe. Even these were not serviced for days.

It's not clear whether this was a defect in PitStop (who got the contract previous held by WM or if you go back far enough Metro) or the EAA cheaping out and not paying them to do things early on.

I agree,the maintenance was generally pretty good. My only complaint was thst by Sunday, there was no hand sanitizer in any of the porta-potties I visited. Luckily I brought along my own.

I thought they were very well maintained this year. I almost always entered a clean jon, even with all of the mud and rain. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I guess I'll have to disagree. This year the servicing was particularly AWFUL especially early on during the show. Levels were getting up to near the seat in many. For the first few days there were NO portapotties open south of the Red Barn in Vintage save the one that was supposed to be for vounteers at our flight line ops (but we left open) and two out of a bank in the camping area behind the hangar cafe. Even these were not serviced for days.
    Ron, That is an interesting observation. It is 180 degrees out from what I observed Sunday through Thursday from Four Corners and north to the North 40. I wonder why things were so good on the north side and so different south of Boeing plaza?
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

The porta potties near where Oshkosh equipment was, got pretty filled up some days. And there were the jokesters that thought plugging the urinals with toilet paper was funny. But, mostly they did a great job. And the ones in Scholler n were maintained very well...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    And there were the jokesters that thought plugging the urinals with toilet paper was funny. But, mostly they did a great job.
    I saw a few of those and am pretty certain one of them was plugged by the kid who exited the very clean porta-pottie right before I used it.

And if we're sharing porta pottie stories, I had the misfortune of using one the morning after the corn roast in HBC. Brunswick stew will never be the same for me.