Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions...

Hi All- First off. I agree with all the negative comments. However, I'm guessing most on this thread never ate Zaugs. Wow. Eat that for a week, and you will be a changed person, and not for the better.
    In the positive column, although expensive, the meals and especially breakfasts available from the vendors were surprisingly large. No need for lunch, and I'm not exactly dainty. Also, the Red One store in the north 40 wasn't large, but it met my needs at surprisingly low prices. A rather large coffee for $2 is pretty good these days. Also, a Newman's Own pizza was 6 or $7, and a pizza cutting wheel was thrown in free. Not too shabby.
    The most important part of these comments, and the thread in general, is that there is a significant positive trend here. The availability of a variety of reasonable food has increased dramatically, and will hopefully continue going forward.
    Although this was my first year in the north 40 in several decades, we still got to our traditional dinner at Fratello's compliments of Uber. it wasn't very expensive, and it was pretty prompt. All in all it went well and we brought a bunch of camp food home with us.
    There are reasons for everything, so don't assume EAA is deaf to your complaints.... unless, of course, EAA is the one entity you don't complain to...

I gotta say; I found the food more than reasonable, if a little pricey. Go to any big event (car race, Reno, state fair, etc) and the food is pricey - just par for the course. At least as OSH you can bring your own food in if you don't want to buy food on-site. Most other venues don't allow that. Breakfast at the The Pines was always good and hot. Lunch at Celebration Way was excellent. They had fresh salads too. I would be surprised if you could find a venue that serves as many people that attend OSH that offers better or cheaper food.
    Last edited by Sirota; 08-02-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Machine Shed had some good items that others didn't.
    I like Major Goolsby's Brateeto. I try to limit myself to one or two per show.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Everyone raved about the BBQ foods at Parker John's by the Ultralight flightline. And I mean everyone. Last year they had two locations, this year just the one, but it was always packed with happy customers.
    They did have a second spot. Over by the Exhibit Buildings. In that strip of restaurants. Food was great!

I also second that Machine Shed has some really good stuff too. The Pot Roast Sandwich, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Mmmmmmmmm good.

I also like the Machine Shed selections. Their Friday fish fry was pretty good. I wonder if any visitors from outside Wisconsin were confused as to why the fish was only available on Friday.

I had street tacos and some kind of spicy beef brisket at Osorio's Latin Fusion in the food court, which was a nice change of pace.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity_Valley View Post
    Their Friday fish fry was pretty good. I wonder if any visitors from outside Wisconsin were confused as to why the fish was only available on Friday.
    Ok, I'll poke. I'm from outside Wisconsin. Why? Can't be a Catholicism thing because that's a world-wide requirement or suggestion. BTW, I love your handle, where is this place, it sounds eutopian?

Here you are again-- confused by a simple map and now complaining about the food. Most of us go to OSH to look at the airplanes and don't expect a a gourmet food for a $1. Hint: It's an airshow in the middle of a field that's empty 50 weeks of the year, with temporary food services, operated with temporary employees. You fill in the blanks. Beats me where you're going to attend a outdoor event even half the size of OSH and do any better. Time was, you either ate a Zaug burger or went hungry but we were still happy to be there. Love the snotty comment insinuating the rest of us are too stupid to figure we should eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity_Valley View Post
    Their Friday fish fry was pretty good.
    BTW, I love your handle, where is this place, it sounds eutopian?
    Well, it's official: Floats isn't a Browncoat.

Ron "I aim to misbehave" Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 08-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Name:  IMG_2872[1].jpg
Views: 2005
Size:  98.2 KB Boy are we spoiled in the camp ground. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits, and hash browns each morning. French toast and biscuits and gravy every other day.