Quote Originally Posted by Contrailing View Post
Lots of complaints heard about the concessions. Food quality is over-all just lacking on many levels. Some commented that it felt as if they were at a county fair. I'd say it wasn't fresh and grossly over-priced. Why can't EAA allow area food trucks to participate in a common area like a food court? Lots of food trucks have seriously good food and the variety would be incredible. Yeah, I hear the old crowd already... "oh this year was the best food year ever"... Maybe it was for you but what does your waistline measure? Maybe some like cold fish ($16), room temperature fries ($6), rubbery fried chicken ($12), etc. Go ahead... pile on the comments...
There is little fresh they can offer to a crowd of 100K, which is the audience at Oshkosh. Hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, stuff like that. Not high quality from a nutrition standpoint, but quick to make, fried to kill off most of the germs, and a selection so most anyone who is hungry can find something they will eat.

If you're willing to wait in line or eat at off-times, Subway is an on-field choice. Beyond that, you're gonna have to go off grounds or bring your own food to find much that isn't fried.

Personally, I find ways to work around the limitations of the food offered at show center. I visit SOS, the Sleepy Hollow restaurant/bar, a couple of private events in camp Scholar, and make a run to the grocery store. It works for me, but I don't depend on the on-grounds food alternatives.