Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Icon A5 Goes Down

Icon is apparently hurting....

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...ts-production/

"Stung by the trade war with China that’s dried up investment capital, light sport manufacturer Icon said Friday that it’s reducing its workforce by 40 percent and cutting production to fewer than five airplanes a month. COO Thomas Wieners said in a conference call Friday afternoon that the workforce will decline from 650 workers to about 400. "

Floats better buy one while they're still available. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Icon is apparently hurting....Floats better buy one while they're still available. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
    Never! For $400K+, I can get 2 great 185's on amphibs or a damn good Beaver on straight floats. And besides, in a few short years they'll be selling on Barnstormers for 10 cents on the dollar( or not, because that onerous, odious sales contract stipulates owners can only sell them back to Icon; but if they're out of business...)

Now you know why the 1800 deposits on the order book dwindled to only 100 or so. Only a few depositors with sh*t for brains and large investment portfolios would accept the one-sided T's & C's of that absurd contract.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    "Stung by the trade war with China that’s dried up investment capital
    Uh-huh. That's as convenient a thing as any to blame, I guess. I mean, if it weren't for that they'd have to figure out how to blame climate change or deforestation or something. Trade war is much more "this week".
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Never! For $400K+, I can get 2 great 185's on amphibs or a damn good Beaver on straight floats. And besides, in a few short years they'll be selling on Barnstormers for 10 cents on the dollar( or not, because that onerous, odious sales contract stipulates owners can only sell them back to Icon; but if they're out of business...)

Now you know why the 1800 deposits on the order book dwindled to only 100 or so. Only a few depositors with sh*t for brains and large investment portfolios would accept the one-sided T's & C's of that absurd contract.
    Floats, dude, you need to stop internalizing. Let it out, tell us how you really feel.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Floats, dude, you need to stop internalizing. Let it out, tell us how you really feel.
    LOL Dale. My therapist tells me it's good for my overall mental and emotional health and well being to always call out the aviation snake oil salesmen. Looking at my left shoulder and swiping, "GET OFF!"

Icon had at least 3 rounds with VC's but I have no idea if they were China based.