Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh Map Complaint...

Oshkosh Map Complaint...

Can we PLEASE have "North" at the top of the map? Everybody I mentioned this to during the week was in agreement that having "North" on the right margin was confusing to everybody.

That's odd...on my map North is to the left?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Yep, my bad... it's on the left margin. Same but different... should be on the top unless RWY 36 is actually 27 then just leave it the way it is. I guess the Oshkosh app designer put the map together also.

As long as I have been going to AV, the map has alway been oriented that way. Main gate at the bottom, airshow flightline at the top. Seems pretty simple to me, warbirds to the left, ultralights to the right.
    Last edited by krw920; 07-31-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Seems OK to me. Left and right as you enter the gate and walk to four corners. I think “north up” might be more confusing.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I also prefer North up but of more use would be a map of booths and tents. Vendors use these numbers to say where they are but I never found a map of them and had to wander. Or now that most people carry GPS devices we could use latitude and longitude.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbright View Post
    I also prefer North up but of more use would be a map of booths and tents. Vendors use these numbers to say where they are but I never found a map of them and had to wander. Or now that most people carry GPS devices we could use latitude and longitude.
    There is a recycled paper "catalog" they hand out with the camping package and maybe at the information booths which shows all of the vendors by booth. The app also has that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    There is a recycled paper "catalog" they hand out with the camping package and maybe at the information booths which shows all of the vendors by booth. The app also has that information.
    It was called the camper/vistor guide. Listed all the vendors and where their # location was. Handed out by the thousands at every entry point and every EAA shop.

The only map I have ever seen that does not have north at the top! I agree!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    The only map I have ever seen that does not have north at the top! I agree!
    Go to any amusement park, the map is always oriented from the main gate being at the bottom.