Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evening at Ultra Lites

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Celebration Way would be the PERFECT location for some moving sidewalks! A pair right down the center. One going East the other West. After the evening events you could even program them both to just run westbound. Able to move huge numbers of people all day long with NO waiting...

Now we just need to find that philanthropic bazzillionaire to fund the project..
    No bazillionaire required. EAA is unbelievably good at finding corporate sponsors to fund and support anything and give them naming rights."The Ford Moving Sidewalk" The Airbus Moving Sidewalk" " AMJ Campbell Moving Moving Sidewalk"

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I'm sure you mean a moving sidewalk, not escalator, like found at large international airports. Waitress, free beer and soda is all good.
    Yes Floats, I don't fly commercial very often. Thanks for clarifying.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Why not Disney? Oshkosh needs a monorail. Faster and more efficient for transit and transit users and safer for pedestrians. M-I-C, see ya real soon, K-E-Y, why, because we like you....
    A monorail could be fast and efficient, but Disney uses it as another way of managing (i.e., slowing) crowds. You wait and wait and wait in line for a monorail, and when Disney is ready, they send one to pick up the next group. Then you get off and walk to the next line.

There is no good reason for the Disney parks and hotels to be so far apart. But Disney controls the busses and boats, too. Even if you drive to the Magic Kingdom, you must park far away and take a monorail or ferry. At the end of the day you are exhausted and wonder why you only rode three rides.
    Last edited by dougbush; 08-05-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Pass View Post
    And they manage to keep people happy while waiting!!
    Not in my experience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    A monorail could be fast and efficient, but Disney uses it as another way of managing (i.e., slowing) crowds. You wait and wait and wait in line for a monorail, and when Disney is ready, they send one to pick up the next group.
    EAA wouldn't do that? Would they?

A problem with a transportation solution is they can't put anything in that would bypass the many vendors who have paid thousands of dollars to be there. I'd like to see something that would get me from the main gate to the half mile away show center, but that won't happen. Even at Disney parks, once inside one, there's few transportation options to get around.
    I just did a rough check on the Earth program, and see one side of the Magic Kingdom to the other is about 2,000 ft. Warbirds to Ultralights is about 8,000 ft.
    Maybe it's a good place to have a demonstration project for the Boring Company