As always, I spent 9 glorious days volunteering in Oshkosh, meeting wonderful people from all over the world. I worked my 6 hour shifts, sometimes 10-12 hour ones, with absolute glee. Of the thousands of happy guests I had the privilege to entertain and inform on the tram I can honestly say I ran into less than a handful of knuckleheads. Almost an AirVenture record.

Again this year, as has been the case for all my previous years 'on the job', my truly SOLE complaint/suggestion to EAA concerns informative signage, or more specifically the lack of it.

Visitors really DO need to have the tram stops identified on BOTH sides of the road. Visitors really DO need to know where the trams go from each tram stop. Trying to read the sometimes confusing map to eke out specific tram travel details, especially on windy days, proves to be a major frustration and a form of information overload for our guests.

ALL the conductors like myself, and often also the tractor drivers, spend an inordinate amount of time all day long, at every tram stop, answering "Where does this tram go?" and "How do I get to?" questions from folks that could be alleviated by simple location specific signs at each stop stating the destinations. Like this blue tram goes to ultralights, the next stop will be.... The yellow tram will stop at..... next. This red tram goes to Warbirds and...… You get the idea.

Yes of course I know that people won't always read signs but maybe we could also offer at the entry gates a single info sheet explaining in simple terms "How to Get Around AirVenture" with a VERY basic less detailed map drawing showing the tram and bus routes? In truth there really aren't THAT many area "specific" destinations that interest our guests, and those could be highlighted on that simple map?

I'll be back again next year, yapping on my microphone, and loving every second of the experience so it's no deal breaker ner nuthin', but getting around the massive grounds is not as simple to understand for the thousands of first-timers as it is for those of us who are here all the time. A little extra help for them would work wonders.

Gotta go now and do a whole sack of laundry - lol - so I'll just close with "See ya' next year!"