Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Tram Conductor's Perspective AV 2019

Hi Bill, though weed IS now legal in Illinois, and I AM a Vietnam Vet... I have NEVER even once tried the junk. Nor have I mentioned the N40 showers...you sure YOU ain't puffing on the ganja? - lol

I can ONLY speak to the tram runs I conducted on the west side of homebuilts, along that "cemetery" road. From the N40 gate we go west and then turn south and make our 1st stop at the N40 Red 1 Market stop. then continue south past the cemetery to the next stop by the HOMEBUILT showers, just past that entrance gate you mentioned, then a final stop going south to the Uber pickup point. From there we go back east and stop by Aviation Gateway Park and then proceed to the Tower terminal where we turn around and do it all over again.

In the context of the MANY Red route trips I conducted on the afternoon 2-8 shift over a couple days, I'm tellin' ya' we just didn't get many folks at any of those three west-end stops. I am NOT disputing your experiences out there, just relaying mine.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Randy, we are talking about the same route, that is inside the back fence beyond homebuilts. All I am asking is the red tram, WHICH IS ALREADY DRIVING ON THAT PATH, stop at the open gate when folks from warbird parking and vendor parking are standing right there. Don't drive by and make the people walk an extra 1'4 mile down to the homebuilder showers. As for how many people use it, well they fill up two big car parking lots, and might be more riders if the tram stopped for them. There is another little tram, part of warbird camping, that has made the extra effort at 7pm to drop us off right at the gate.

As for weed, I am a non Vietnam vet, Air Force "69 but didn't get sent and damn sure didnt raise my hand begging to go. But in that jungle , that hell hole, especially that late in the war when no clear headed people any longer had any positive outlook, I think I would have been the Willie Nelson of the east. It might have made it easier. I went to school with the Pres daughter, and the younger Bush, but strangely it had not really hit among my college group yet. I dont use any of it now as a pilot, but if I wasnt one I might for some knee and back pain, have some friends who do.I use more Advil than I'd like to.
    I see how I missed you on the tram, as I didnt ride in in the middle of the day.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-03-2019 at 04:47 PM.