Thread: Trams. Oh, those Trams

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I studied the Tram routes (again) this year and I would suggest they do away with the switching of trams at the south end of the yellow route (at the Hanger Cafe) and simply make it a continuous run, combining the Blue and the Yellow tram lines into one. This new line would run from Tram Central (behind the Control Tower) along both the current Yellow and Blue routes and terminate at the South 40 where everyone would be required to depart the tram and wait for the next tram to return them north.
    I realize the Hanger Cafe stop is a point in the system where drivers and conductors switch out from time to time, and that could continue, but eliminating two sets of 180 degree turns would not only be safer for everyone but staying on Wittman Road would be much more efficient moving people from north to south and back again.
    I would also suggest putting signs on the trams (yea, more signs) that say "Please do not ask the driver or conductor for information or directions. They are busy enough and don't need the distractions." There are ground personnel who can handle that task.
    Lastly, but most importantly, "Thank You" to the tram folks for all you do for the rest of us. It's truly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ronald Franck; 08-02-2019 at 10:30 PM.