Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Trams. Oh, those Trams

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I'm guessing Ron meant the "Fun Fly Zone" - a name not in common parlance, since everyone I've run into asks about Ultralights. lol

On my strongly disliked list would be those Aero Shell needless noise makers, the dopey Yak 110, and thankfully missing this year was the Imodium Links Jet assisted biplane.
    Sasquatch must not bother you that much. Not only was it around, it flew a dual act with the Yak 110, featuring jet truck!

At some point, annoying too loud noise is just annoying too loud noise. I twist in the Howard Leights snuggly and don't bother to look to see what is creating the nuisance.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    There is no KidVenture in the evening. KidVenture closes at 3:30pm.
    Sorry Dave, I probably could have worded my composition a little more clearly. What I meant to convey was:
    I like some things EAA has done during AirVenture like sponsoring KidVenture which gives young folks the opportunity to become more engaged with the convention.
    I also like that whole families can enjoy an evening together at the Drive-In Theater.
    I would skip the evening airshows and the fire-breathing Jet truck and save the fireworks for Saturday night as a Grand Finale to AirVenture.
    Lastly, I'd move the STOL competition from the Fun Fly Zone to Show Central so that more people can have a front row seat and actually view what's going on.
    But, that said, I doubt I'll see any changes to the evening airshow because now that cat has been let out of the bag it ain't ever going back in.

The Shockwave truck is the next to the dumbest thing I've seen at Airventure. The stupid-assed mustang cars vs. airplane act was (and they almost wiped out a taxiing 172 when they decided to launch a few minutes too early for one of their practices). This is an AIR show.

A jet powered portable toilet would be more appropriate

"A jet powered portable toilet would be more appropriate"

OK, now I'd pay to watch a guy get launched in a Rocket-Potty. Maybe trailing a stream of TP and a pleasant blue mist? Cool Beanz!

In retrospect, I guess we have driven this tram thread off the cliff? - lol
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 08-17-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Apparently, it's been done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGuueWe7xY

Banned
    Nah, those Disney Gondolas would never work. The line ups would be so long waiting to get on each car that holds just a few people. Stop start stop start stop start......For a real quick and efficient people moving system we need moving sidewalks(with hand rails 'cause we're all old).

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Nah, those Disney Gondolas would never work. The line ups would be so long waiting to get on each car that holds just a few people. Stop start stop start stop start......For a real quick and efficient people moving system we need moving sidewalks(with hand rails 'cause we're all old).
    But you have to be able to get on and off without it stopping ! I'll be 73 in 3 days but I'm still as nimble as a cat, an old cat that is !
    Bob

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    But you have to be able to get on and off without it stopping !
    No problem. Easy peasy. They are designed and built in sections with 15-20 feet between them just like they are at international airports. Easy on, easy off!