Thread: Great week

Great week

How the heck can it be Friday? Very wet start, but we managed to get into our site Saturday in Scholler. Lots of good stuff this week. The ending of the fireworks Wednesday night was unbelievable. But can't complain about the weather from Sunday on so far. Unfortunately we have to pull up tomorrow morning. This has to be one of the fastest weeks of the year. The withdrawal afterwards is tough! But aviation immersion and not having any idea what is going on in the rest of the world is totally relaxing. One more day though, so must get to it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I agree. We landed late Sunday evening and left this (Friday) morning. Enjoyed time with old friends, made a couple of new ones, and had a great all around time. I'm not sure there are many things within EAA's control which could be improved in a meaningful way. The porta potties were clean, as were the grounds. The airshows were fun, even though I watched them from the shade of the Homebuilt Camping pavilion to avoid the announcer chatter.

This morning when we <hurredly> broke camp, checked, out and flew South, I was pleased that there were volunteers at the Homebuilt Registration area to issue the camping refunds. One thing which was a bit of a chore was the departure briefing. They really need to streamline those and make people hold questions to the end. Just wow with some of the rabbit holes some of the briefing attendees jumped down.