Thread: Good news, maybe

Good news, maybe

We can all use some good news. If we are not out of work, we know a dozen people who are or at least not employed as they need.
    The labor dept just announced that new employment for Nov gained 120,000 up from 80,000 the previous month and the unemployment rate is down from 9 to 8.6%.
    Of course the figures may represent a lot of temporary or seasonal hiring with stores having holiday sales and ski areas getting going., and these may represent low end jobs and not really careers. But after the last few years any good news may be welcome.
    I don't mean to start any debate on details, I know there are lots of other measures of job levels, I am just giving figures that are these widely used and reported indexes.
    If you ask what this has to do with aviation, go look at your local restoration shop, ( if it is still in business) or aircraft sales dealer ( if you can find one) or just FBO, (like in Santa Fe where one of the two closed last year) and for sure many of the flight schools.All are hurting.
    Are you flying as much as a few years back or as much as you'd like?
    I have two planes to restore. I am proceeding with one, but at a moderate pace, and the other is on hold waiting on an economic recovery. It's my J3, sure would like to have it done by next year.
    Good luck to all.

My motivation to lose weight is to one day ride in the back of your unmentioned restoration Bill!