Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Pelton

Jack Pelton

Has anyone ever seen Jack Pelton on the field. I have been down in the Warbird area for years, and have never seen him. It would be nice if he would meet and greet the people that pay his salary.

I have seen him 3 times already since Friday. He stopped at our table at the Chapter pancake breakfast Saturday morning in Camp Scholler to ask where we were from. Then we saw him again Sunday out near homebuilts. Then again later in the day out near warbirds. Very nice to chat with.

He’s around and I’ve seen him plenty. I’ve even seen him in Camp Scholler in the evening. Does he take a salary��?

Was Rod Hightower very visible to the masses during the convention? Jack has to be pulled a thousand different ways this week.

Jack is too busy dealing with execs and sponsors to increase revenue. Not much time left for us poor minions.

I’ve seen him multiple times in the homebuilt area. That said, he’s spread pretty thin during the convention between various responsibilities.

Last time I saw him was at a forum where the FAA Administrator was pointedly questioned by some EAA members (before release of medical reform). Pelton criticized the members very harshly for challenging the Administrator. Not impressed.
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Low Pass View Post
    Last time I saw him was at a forum where the FAA Administrator was pointedly questioned by some EAA members (before release of medical reform). Pelton criticized the members very harshly for challenging the Administrator. Not impressed.
    I don't know if it was the same event, but I was very impressed when I saw Pelton at a forum with FAA Administrator Huerta. Several attendees asked pointed questions of Huerta, and Pelton did not criticize anyone for their questions or comments. However, when Huerta mentioned in passing that he would be leaving office in January, one attendee enthusiastically applauded. Pelton said whoever applauded the Administrator's retirement showed absolutely no class and he hoped it did not represent an EAA member.

This was when Pelton was serving as a volunteer. I'm sure he and the staff had spent many hours building relationships and lobbying the FAA on our behalf. EAA's strategy has long been to engage and persuade lawmakers and regulators, not berate and taunt them. I think it's a good strategy, and it's working for us.

That was it. But I recall it a little differently. My take away at the time was that my personal government advocate was advocating for the government. Over time, the net results of his actions have been good, imo. We'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Low Pass; 07-26-2019 at 05:55 AM.
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    Jack is too busy dealing with execs and sponsors to increase revenue. Not much time left for us poor minions.

I am not going to make it. But in years past I was always able to get a couple minutes to chat with Jack. He is always on the move but has always stopped and chatted.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh