View Poll Results: What is the aircraft you would most like to fly? (you can pick more than one)

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • P-51 Mustang

36 67.92%
  • B-17

13 24.53%
  • Blimp

3 5.66%
  • Boeing 787

1 1.89%
  • F-22 Raptor

7 13.21%
  • Extra 300

7 13.21%
  • Super Decathlon

7 13.21%
  • Robinson R66

0 0%
  • Sikorsky X2

5 9.43%
  • Cessna Citation Ten

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Fly-Before-You-Die Dream Plane

Your Fly-Before-You-Die Dream Plane

Just out of curiosity, I would like to know which of these aircraft do you think you would want to fly the most. I realize that this isn't a great list, so if you don't see one you would really like to fly, just leave a comment and tell me what you would classify as your Fly-Before-I-Die aircraft. The purpose of this poll is just to see how many pilots like certain kinds of aircraft more than others. I have experimental, airliner, warbirds, normal, helicopters, and aerobatic aircraft here. So just please give me some feedback.
    WTTN 16

It was a tossup between the X2 and blimp.

BTW, rotorcraft and lighter than air are not planes

"The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport"— Orville Wright
    Tim OConnor, CFI, Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft, Sport Pilot Fixed Wing, FAA Advanced Ground Instructor:..
    You CAN Afford to FLY ! --> http://www.YouCanAffordToBeAPilot.com

I voted for the Decathlon, since I have about 4 hours in a 7EC which was a lot of fun! I'd like to fly in any RV model especially like the -8's and 9's. WTTN 16, I haven't flown into RYV in years always liked the cookies and all the great aircraft based there. I was a member of the Fox River Flyers outa Waukesha (UES) back in the 90's, we did our C-150 annual at Watertown back then.

Best to All at RYV!
    Joe

Mig29F or F-18 please. My Doctor would say no! Too old with suspect ticker.......

Glasair III ! That's why I'm building one....

Seerjfly
    Last edited by Seerjfly; 12-31-2011 at 08:11 AM.

I've always thought it would be awesome to fly a P-51, but a Corsair would certainly fill the bill too! I love the old WWII piston planes.

The Christen Eagle my dad and I built back in the '80's. We sold it after he lost his medical, I was too young to fly it so I never flew it. I tracked it down and plan on buying it back one day Spent the last few months building tailwheel time! Can't wait

Banned
    So many dreams, so little time: Sikorsky S-38 or S-39, Jenny, Travel Air 6000 on floats, Beech Staggerwing, P-40 Warhawk. Gotta go buy a lottery ticket!
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 12-02-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Can anything compare to the sound of a Jug or Corsair at full rpm on takeoff. The Mustang is a great plane but a big radial is something to be experienced.