Thread: Vintage aircraft / warbird Restorers in Florida?

Vintage aircraft / warbird Restorers in Florida?

Hi, I am very new to this whole side of aviation and have been researching a lot about vintage aircraft and warbirds. I have loved aviation since I was a little boy and am currently completing my instrument lessons. As of right now, I live in south Florida and would love to work at a vintage aircraft restoration company but cant seem to find any around my area. Im more in the palm beach area so I would be willing to travel to ft lauderdale or maybe even Miami and as high up as west palm beach. If anyone has any idea of where a small company that restores older aircraft in this area could be, I would greatly appreciate it! thanks again!

I lived in Florida for 10 years. I also ran a commercial seaplane charter business there.

I'm too lazy to research his for you but there is some Warbird restoration taking place in Florida. Other aircraft also.

You might try searching Aircraft Museums. Most, if not all are generally non-profit, so expect to volunteer your services.

I honestly don't believe you'll find paid employment at least not the kind where you can raise a family on the money.

Good luck with your quest.