Thread: Camp Scholler Daily Condition Reports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Camp Scholler Daily Condition Reports

This new thread is for anyone who wish to give daily reports of Camp Scholler conditions. Updates will be greatly appreciated!

And so it begins.... just got a text from 64600 stating "In approximately 10 minutes the AirVenture grounds will be hit w torrential rain & strong winds. The storm is still developing. "

Let the "fun" begin!

In 101 woods, the roads are heavily rutted and muddy. The grassy areas are ok.

reports of space filling up quicker than usual is spot on. 101 woods is mostly full already Thursday afternoon. I usualy arrive mid day Friday and have no issue finding a nice spot.

there are lots and lots of giant “estates” that are marked off. And, there are more and more giant trailers every year. It's rare to see what used to be the norm - a guy with a tent next to his car.

Camp Scholler grounds look from after the storm. It appears the the grounds have suffered a lot of water. https://twitter.com/pilot2b/status/1152436733830672385

A LOT of rain last night. They were forecasting SEVERAL inches. More due starting by 11 this AM thru remainder of day. I’m not calling it another Sloshkosh but both plane and camp arrivals are going to be challenging.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAdamBadger View Post
    Camp Scholler grounds look from after the storm. It appears the the grounds have suffered a lot of water. https://twitter.com/pilot2b/status/1152436733830672385
    I'll bring my waders! We should be arriving to Scholler sometime this evening. I camp in the mountains frequently so I am use to setting up my tent in the rain and wind.

This 6th oshkosh in a row, and I lost my canopy last night. It's been through worse, but it gave up last night. I disassembled the bent parts to fold it up for the dumpster. When I opened the lid, there was another one already in it.

i'm also bummed that an arm on my awning bent 90 degrees. That awning has also been through many many storms with no issue. But not last night. Dang.

There’s a good-sized line at camper registration, but nobody stacked up on the roadside any longer.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Latest alert says Scholler is open