Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Housing for 2 needed for airventure

Housing for 2 needed for airventure

Do you have an extra room for just a couple of nights during the convention? Most anything non smoking with a clean bed would do, its for my Son Charles and his fiancé. I'd pay for the room or trade some flight time in my plane or trade for equal housing time for a visit to Colorado. They live in Denver, and I in Aspen. We'd throw in a ski day or if you prefer, they are both motorcycle owners, my Son is a very experienced road racer with lots of wins, and lots of crashes to go with them, they could provide a day at the track here for you. They are experienced snow people, she an expert boarder, and he an expert ski racer whose team won state championship. They have traveled all over the world, Cuba, Vietnam, my Son rode a motorcycle to the tip of South America and can entertain with great stories. She is also a professional ice skater who teaches. She has great manners and he is housebroken, almost.
    The best nights for them are Thur and Fri , 7-25 and 7-26, but are flexible.

Please help if you can in any way, Charles is a EAA and Osh veteran , but she has never been to Oshkosh.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 04-19-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Holy mackerel - I just did a quick web search for an Oshlosh motel room for a couple days during AirVenture.... a MERE $425+ per nite! Wowsers!

BUT.... there are still affordable rooms in the Green Bay area. I have stayed at the Tower Motel during the convention. Sure, it's not 'fancy' but it is clean and safe. 2 nites there are $120.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

What about the dorm rooms at the University downtown? Easy quick bus ride to the field, at $75 a night can’t go wrong.
    https://uwosh.edu/gcc/home/eaa-airventure-lodging/

Thanks, Randy they don't have any interest in visiting Green Bay, long ways on the wrong side of Oshkosh.

I appreciate that it IS about a 50 minute commute to AirVenture, but unless their budget has no problems with $400 a night rooms that are closer, the Green Bay area does offer some less spendy lodging options. Personally, each year I have to trade some driving time for being able to sleep indoors for the 9 days I volunteer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Holy mackerel - I just did a quick web search for an Oshlosh motel room for a couple days during AirVenture.... a MERE $425+ per nite! Wowsers!

BUT.... there are still affordable rooms in the Green Bay area. I have stayed at the Tower Motel during the convention. Sure, it's not 'fancy' but it is clean and safe. 2 nites there are $120.
    If you're willing to commute from Green Bay and back, I wonder if the north end of Milwaukee might not be a better idea? I fly into Milwaukee and drive a rented car to Oshkosh four times a year. Takes a pretty reliable 90 minutes from the rental car garage to Oshkosh, and at least 30 minutes of that is getting clear of the urban area.

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks guys, but we are not going to spend several hours of each day driving to/ from Green Bay or Milwaukee. I go to Osh to relax, not to make it an ordeal of traffic. One of my first years I stayed with a friend for free whose apartment overlooked Milwaukee airport, and was glad to get to EAA any way, but one night it took hours and hours to get back. If I cant find something they likely wont come. I have a room already and its not cheap. I never stayed there but I sure miss the Pioneer Inn with boat trips and good restaurant. Still don't see why that was turned into a dump when Oshkosh needs housing so badly.

Just a suggestion but if this the only site you’ve posted your request, you might want to look at posting on more aviation sites as this one is small and doesn’t have a huge number of active users, that I can tell.

Also if you haven’t already you might want to check Airbnb to see if they have anything and of course a Google search for similar room rental/bed & breakfast sites can’t hurt either.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I often forget that many if not 'most' folks in General Aviation enjoy a lifestyle beyond my experience ....... to say the least - lol I iz po' folk - lol

Rooms are still available closer than Green Bay - pick a 2-3 day timeframe and book one soon, you know even the ridiculously priced accommodations WILL get snapped up long before July rolls around.

Thanks, is seems they are out of dorm rooms except for the ones with no A/C which I once tried myself and lasted only one night. One of the hottest days I ve ever seen was in Osh, and I saw 40* centigrade on a thermometer in the shade at a restaurant on the se corner of the lake. I think that's 105* which is almost Phoenix weather and not good for human beings. Course last year it barely got into the 80 s was so great, one night was actually cold, needed a coat.