Thread: Is it Christmas in July?

Is it Christmas in July?

Ok, pardon the hokey title. EAA has epic news (too strong?) for you on our relationship with DS SolidWorks. As you may know, we've asked, begged, and pleaded with our friends at DS SolidWorks since the 2016 convention when we announced this benefit. Last year, we sent them the results of a survey we conducted that clearly pointed to a strong desire for added functionality. Well, they listened (or relented to our whining) and we're pleased to announce that SOLIDWORKS Education Premium is now available for FREE to all EAA members. This has all of the functionality you asked for and more! For a complete listing, check out this matrix: https://www.solidworks.com/sites/def...Matrix-ENG.pdf

We'll be making this announcement at Convention, but you can get download instructions now from our website: EAA.org/SOLIDWORKS

By the way, if you are headed to Oshkosh, we will be offering the EAA SOLIDWORKS University, again, at the Innovation Showcase at Aviation Gateway Park. Register here: EAA.org/SWU

Also, if your computer has seen better days, we're giving away a Dell Precision pre-loaded with SOLIDWORKS Education Premium and EAA Virtual Flight Academy at the Blue Barn.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Cory, this is GREAT news!
    It even managed to please me, and I'm extremely hard to please (If you don't believe me ask my ex-wife).

Jeffrey.

Solidworks Renewal License

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    Ok, pardon the hokey title. EAA has epic news (too strong?) for you on our relationship with DS SolidWorks. As you may know, we've asked, begged, and pleaded with our friends at DS SolidWorks since the 2016 convention when we announced this benefit. Last year, we sent them the results of a survey we conducted that clearly pointed to a strong desire for added functionality. Well, they listened (or relented to our whining) and we're pleased to announce that SOLIDWORKS Education Premium is now available for FREE to all EAA members. This has all of the functionality you asked for and more! For a complete listing, check out this matrix: https://www.solidworks.com/sites/def...Matrix-ENG.pdf

We'll be making this announcement at Convention, but you can get download instructions now from our website: EAA.org/SOLIDWORKS

By the way, if you are headed to Oshkosh, we will be offering the EAA SOLIDWORKS University, again, at the Innovation Showcase at Aviation Gateway Park. Register here: EAA.org/SWU

Also, if your computer has seen better days, we're giving away a Dell Precision pre-loaded with SOLIDWORKS Education Premium and EAA Virtual Flight Academy at the Blue Barn.
    Hi Cory:

I have been using Solidworks and I love it. BUt, I have renewed my EAA membership but I haven't been able to get the Solidworks renewal. Ho wlong does this typically take?

Thanks,
    And I'll be at Oshkosh on Wednesday!

Christmas in July? Manna from heaven? I am not sure what to call this member benefit, but it is the best thing I have received from EAA ever. I have been able to analyze a design I am working on to find airflow issues, investigate particle ingestion concerns, check structures for safety margins, the list goes on and on. Admittedly I am an engineering geek of the highest order, but this is an amazing gift, something that would have cost me tens of thousands of dollars to have for use in designing my little home grown airplane design. For years I lamented not having access to the tools I knew SolidWorks contained, but could not justify spending as much for the software as my plane would cost me to build. Now I have access thanks to EAA and DSS. My plane design has already benefited from being able to access these new tools. I mentioned to my fellow geeky engineer friends that I had this benefit through EAA and several have now joined EAA just for this benefit alone. I don't think many in EAA realize what a valuable gift they have been offered.

Todd