Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited Edition Rock Your Wings Beer

These limited edition Rock Your Wings beer which are in four packs only costs about $10.00. They are in stock at the Red One Markets in Camp Scholler. They could be in other places near the EAA headquarters, but I do not know where.

I’m enjoying my first one at this moment. Very tasty, but most beer is tasty in Oshkosh.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Enjoyed mine last night. It was actually very good. The can says "German Style Amber". I've been to Germany and never heard of an "Amber" style beer over there (at least southern Germany). It is a beautiful reddish-amber color. Lager-style beer. The can says:

"WELCOME TO OSHKOSH"
    When you hear "rock your wings" from air traffic control crackle over the radio, you know you've arrived at the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration. It's the iconic greeting to pilots all over the world who have been traveling to Oshkosh for 50 years now. EAA is proud to call Oshkosh home. So whether you rock or you roll, help us celebrate50 consecutive years in Oshkosh.

If you look close, the can actually has the runways, including the orange, green, white, red, yellow dots, on a diagram.. So it could be used as a study aid before your approach.

Got my 4-pack today at the central store, put it in my bag, and just walked around with no questions asked.

Ordered one by accident. I was trying to order one thing and the cashier went and got me one of those beers. I almost stopped him, but then realized I was low on electrolytes and the beer was just what I needed at the end of the day. It was all right and part of the ambiance. I will not comment on the taste of the beer as by that point, just about anything would have tasted great.

I hope they they have a version of it next year.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAdamBadger View Post
    These limited edition Rock Your Wings beer which are in four packs only costs about $10.00. They are in stock at the Red One Markets in Camp Scholler. They could be in other places near the EAA headquarters, but I do not know where.
    They were sold by singles only for $6 each in the Red One Market North 40 store. The Red One Market Central was sold out by Friday evening. You had to sneak them into HBC past the gate guards (not hard but a hassle none the less), unless the cool guard was on duty after 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Why would you need to reenter grounds to catch a bus or go to car parking from the Red Barn? But if you really have to, another option is to buy it at the Red Barn and if they are checking bags at the Fly market or main entrance, walk to the gate on Waukau Ave or the HBC gate off of Foundation Rd. I've never had any kind of bag checked at either of those gates.
    Over the past couple of years, we would have to get creative to get beer into the airport fence from outside (Red One store, etc.). Security wouldn't allow it through the gate. This year, no problem, *if* it was going to a campsite.
    Last edited by Low Pass; 07-29-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    Bryan

Houston

I brought a can of EAA beer to our airport group back home and all were impressed. We're having a chapter barbecue in a month or so, and I was asked if I could get a case or two of the beer for the party. Is there any hope of finding any more of the beer? Was there any leftover beer in town? or at the Fox River Brewing Co.? We're from Ludington, and maybe someone would fly over to get it. Kinda like a $100 hamburger....