Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Target and Walmart

Getting to Target and Walmart

From camp scholler is there a way way to get to Walmart and/or Target? Are there buses that run there and how often? Can one actually hook up with a taxi or uber from Scholler if they wanted too? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Alright,, guess this explains it. Anyone know how often the bus runs to Target? 1/2 hour, hour, etc. I know there is some variance due to traffic. Thanks....

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pl...le-information

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    From camp scholler is there a way way to get to Walmart and/or Target? Are there buses that run there and how often? Can one actually hook up with a taxi or uber from Scholler if they wanted too? Thanks.

From the bus park there are buses that go to the surrounding stores. We rode the one to Target last year and don't recall the freq but want to say it was like every 30 mins or so.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

The bus cycles about every 30-40 minutes. It only runs in the morning (or at least that was last year's schedule).

Kobussen will also take you to Target or the grocery store in a van for $25 and they will come pick you up when you are ready and give them a call. At that price, they will deliver you and your stuff to your campsite, if possible. You obtain this service at the transportation center near the main gate.

The final option is Uber.

Don’t think there is any scheduled transportation to Walmart. There is a grocery store ( think it’s a Pic n Sav) on the west side of 41 too. Not sure if the busses run there either.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Don’t think there is any scheduled transportation to Walmart. There is a grocery store ( think it’s a Pic n Sav) on the west side of 41 too. Not sure if the busses run there either.
    That's the same shopping center as Target. The buses do run there.

The Pic N Sav is in the same area as the Target, sorry about that. As I drive down from the north my frame of reference is backwards. Was unaware that the bus ran over to Walmart. That’s typical my “last chance” stop before entering the show for the day. Not sure what the fascination with all the traffic circles is about, especially on 9th street.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

If near North 40, might consider walking to Target or Pick n Save. I might do that.
    Gate at Friar Tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    If near North 40, might consider walking to Target or Pick n Save. I might do that.
    Gate at Friar Tuck.
    Just remember if walking back to have a way to tote all the crap you buy.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I have a backpack. Not sure if backpacks are allowed in stores, I guess I will find out.