Thread: Seaplane Base Info

Seaplane Base Info

Is there a definitive spot for Seaplane Base info at Oshkosh other than the 2019 NOTAM and what's published on the EAA webpage? I remember seeing a good deal of info posted at the base itself when visiting a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find anything online that resembles it.

Thanks,

Henny

Do you have a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Do you have a question?
    Just a couple:

-Is there a charge for mooring your aircraft?
    -Do we need to bring our own bridle or do they provide them?
    -Any idea of fuel price?
    -Can you fuel either after arriving or prior to departing?
    -Will they tell you where to dock on 123.3 to unload or is it all visual signals?

Thanks.

I don't think there is any charge for parking at Airventure anywhere, only camping is charged.
    A controller with a radio at the inlet will offer traffic advisories only, radio not required so look for traffic.
    On arrival, taxi to the dock and unload. They will then tow the airplane to the mooring.
    I can't answer about fuel or bridle.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 07-16-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Henny View Post
    Is there a definitive spot for Seaplane Base info at Oshkosh other than the 2019 NOTAM and what's published on the EAA webpage? I remember seeing a good deal of info posted at the base itself when visiting a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find anything online that resembles it.

Thanks,

Henny
    Ya, there's a paucity of info, strange and lacking. You may already have this, but I did find a Base contact number, 920-230-7829 that's available only during Osh week which is also not helpful. Is the seaplane base the equivalent of 2nd wife, 2nd best?