Thread: Zenith 601XL-B Light Sport Airplane project LSA

Goggles Zenith 601XL-B Light Sport Airplane project LSA

Zenith 601XL-B Airplane Kit LSA - $3,800

Nice Zenith 601XL Aircraft kit for sale. Nice workmanship to date... Includes fuselage, Horizontal tail, Rudder, wing ribs kit, build logs and plans, books, sheet aluminum and misc. parts. Selling for less than the cost of the tail assemblies. Wing ribs are very labor intensive and have already been done for you! Airplane will need upgrade to the strengthened -B specification. The -B mod addressed the issues early planes had. This Mod costs $352 from Zenith and can easily be incorporated into the completion, nothing needs to come back apart to conform to -B standard. Please see pictures. Will still need your choice of firewall forward, wings constructed, instruments and canopy. Pictures of flying planes are for example only.

I took this airplane in on trade and don't have time to finish it.
    Light Sport Aircraft eligible- No medical exam required.
    Excellent builders forums and factory support.

Can use Licensed engine (Lycoming or Continental) Corvair, VW, Jabiru, or Rotax engines.
    Located at Lawrenceville Gwinnett county airport 30 minutes north of Atlanta area code 30045.

Get a big head start on building a plane! There is still enough to do so that the plane will meet the 51% homebuilt rule for the FAA. Can possibly deliver. Local buyers I can help with construction inspections, etc, I am an A&P, IA.

Airplane is currently on trailer ready to move. Trailer not included.

Cheapest 601XL for sale is $24k so you can finish this and sell for a profit!

Attached Images Attached Images       

So, five years later... any chance this is still for sale?

... you know what, if I don't ask, the answer is certainly 'no'