Thread: Camping with larger RV

Camping with larger RV

All,

First time camping in Camp Scholler. I'm watching the electronic booking site and will be locking in a site shortly. I'll be arriving the afternoon of Thursday the 18th.

I've got a 35' fifth-wheel and a one-ton pickup. Are there any spots or rows that might be more suitable to a larger RV than others?

At this point, I recognize my spot won't be anything special, just wondering if theres some areas that have more space to maneuver than others.

Thanks!

Large RV Camping

That size should not be a problem for any site you could obtain at this late date. Paul's Woods and some other prime spots are smaller, but they get taken very early by tents, pop ups, and veteran volunteers. I recommend staying further away from the action anyway, as there is less traffic and noise to contend with every day. You might find a little more breeze too. The shuttle or a bike provide rapid transit to the gate. Be mindful of low ground or soft areas where rain would cause traction problems. Good Luck!

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Check out Winnebago County Topographic Viewer to find the high & low ground. (The link is set to show the northeastern quadrant of camp scholler)
    The closer you zoom-in, the more detailed the measurements.
    To view, Check the box to accept and click continue.

Sample image image link
    Name:  eaa scholler topographic.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  103.2 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-12-2019 at 11:33 AM.

You should have no problem with RV size. I've been here since 7/4, and it was very wet in some spots. The ground (former farmland) can be very soft.
    If you don't have some large (2x12x24 or larger) underjack pads, I strongly recommend you get them.

That’s a strictly average sized rig at Oshkosh! There is some high dollar rigs on site!! We feel out of place in our old 2002 rig

You will have no issues parking at all.