Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical site only to run CPap machine

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water available.
    Improved Camping etix.com
    Man. It just truly blows my mind that people are willing to pay $65 a day for a site they aren't even using yet. Incredible that the market bears that.

I was just having a hard enough time thinking about paying $65 a day there... period. Much less pay for several weeks of not even being there.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
    Man. It just truly blows my mind that people are willing to pay $65 a day for a site they aren't even using yet. Incredible that the market bears that.

I was just having a hard enough time thinking about paying $65 a day there... period. Much less pay for several weeks of not even being there.
    Well, I can't make it this year, and yes, paying for a site for two or three weeks before you can get there can add up. But, it's a lot cheaper than a motel and if you have the time, go ahead and start camping. I hope to one day arrive a week early, just for the h, fun of it !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water sites available.
    Improved Camping etix.com
    Of the two times I camped at Scholler, I never paid any attention to where the Electric and Water sites were, never could afford it. But, it would be nice if someone would make a video while riding through to get a better idea of which sites are along Schaick, Lindberg, Elm ave and so on. Who knows, one day I may just go for it and spend that egg money !
    Bob

My friend tested Jackery Explorer 500 and Picowe for CPAP machine and it worked well.
    However, all promotional material shows Jackery being used to keep a CPAP machine running, but that is contradicted in user manual that comes with Explorer 500:
    Our product is not suitable to be used with equipment that relates to one’s own personal safety and relies heavily on electricity, such as medical devices...
    If you’re in a situation with no power, being able to plug in a CPAP machine to a power bank seems to me to be a much better option than going without at all, but the controverisal pormo and manufacturers messaging is confusing..I would research their official manufacturer's websites just to be sure if these power banks work here or look for some other brands.
    https://wildproofgear.com/the-best-p...power-station/

User manuals are written by the legal dept of a manufacturer. I am stunned that there is not a legal disclaimer on cans of pork & beans. lol
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    User manuals are written by the legal dept of a manufacturer. I am stunned that there is not a legal disclaimer on cans of pork & beans. lol
    My favorite was reading the warnings on a propane flame thrower thing that I bought for my wife to weed with. One of the "important safety tips" was "Do not apply the flame to the propane tank to boost the pressure."
    Now really. I wouldn't have thought about doing that until I read it. Now when working with the thing on a cold day and the tank is getting low... well...

And MANY warnings on products are mandated by the lawyers BECAUSE some gomer went and did that very thing in a 'hold my beer and watch this' event.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln