Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrival date of Lockheed LC-130 from New York Air National Guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian247028 View Post
    Thank you George.
    OK folks, here's an update for the C130. As I suspected, the military are not keen to disclose arrival times of their aircraft. Dunno why, but that's how it is. We'll have to keep our eyes 'n' ears open for any EAA announcements and hope that we're in the right place at the right time. Here's a copy of the response:

"Dear George, thank you for your message. I was not sent a show schedule and unfortunately we don’t give out arrival times of military aircraft. I would visit the airshow website or inquire when you get there. I wish I could be of more help. I hope you get the photograph you are looking for. Best of luck!"

O

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    When I knew the day a plane was coming, I called the tower one time to find out it's ETA,
    the guy that answered was very nice and gave me the ETA no problem.
    Another time I called the tower to find out an ETA,
    the guy that answered was a little perturbed and started grilling me,
    asking me who I was and why I wanted to know, I kinda felt like he thought I was up to no good.
    I think He said something like 'We don't give out that kind of information'.
    After that encounter I was afraid to do that again.

A couple years ago they said that the B-52 was going to arrive the Friday before the show starts.
    I found out the ETA that Friday from a green elf and if you read THIS THREAD

At 1 hr, 45 sec into Webinar- EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2015 Features and Attractions VIDEO
    They mention Friday.

Just knowing the day of arrival would help.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-14-2019 at 11:22 AM.

That almost reads word for word to the message I got yesterday as well from them. The other thing I'm wondering is if the skis will be on the wheel and down. Now before you go duh...there is now show my thought was that the wheel came down and the skis were alongside it. As it appears from the photo they sent the ski is 100% under the wheel then to me this is just another C130 landing. Don't get me wrong I still would like a photo but I really want to get it with the skis down.

Also I as looking at the airshow lineup and I believe on Tuesday the second item listed is C130. I wonder if that's it.

Thanks everyone for the help.

If you look at these Youtube videos, the skies will be equipped on the aircraft at the event as shown here https://youtu.be/o8rC1d7yQmU and here is a video of the LC-130 landing on hard surface https://youtu.be/5IgIw-gcNtY

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAdamBadger View Post
    If you look at these Youtube videos, the skies will be equipped on the aircraft at the event as shown here https://youtu.be/o8rC1d7yQmU and here is a video of the LC-130 landing on hard surface https://youtu.be/5IgIw-gcNtY

Thanks for the video links. Very interesting to watch.

Both the main and nose skies surround the gear and hydraulically extend below the wheels for a snow landing. One of my first jobs at Lockheed Georgia in 1984/85 was to run ground tests of the ski systems We laid high density rubber pads on the hangar floor and extended the skis. Was quite the sight to see the whole Herc elevate as the skis extended down. The nose ski was particularly troublesome to get rigged properly so it wouldn’t chatter in flight.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun