Thread: Camp Scholler Gates

Camp Scholler Gates

Does anyone know if the gates from Camp Scholler to the show grounds will be closed until Monday 7/22 again this year?

Can't speak to the gates, but the same 'Restricted Area' is in place for this year. Plenty of folks are walking the grounds, just not in the 4 exhibit hangars and giving the many vendors on the grounds a wide berth so that can set up their areas.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

The only real places of interest before the show kicks off Sunday night will really be aircraft parking (and even then, with great care because of the volume of traffic) and the runways. Everything else is just a lot of people doing their best to get set up for the convention. They'd really appreciate everyone basically staying out of their way.

I use that Saturday to completely set up my home for the next week. Generally done with that early afternoon, after which I just head up to 9/27 and watch the fun. I'll probably camp out at the approach end of 36 this year for a change in scenery. Either that or head up to the museum, which I have been very negligent in visiting.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Starting Thursday, July 18 you can't enter the convention grounds gates without a credentialed vehicle.
    If you are walking you can enter the convention grounds gates. (More clarification is needed if you are walking in)

From Thursday, July 18, through Sunday, July 21 are you not allowed to enter the restricted areas on the convention grounds. More info HERE Special pre-event lanyard credentials are required to gain access to the restricted areas.

Starting Sunday, July 21 a wristband is needed to enter the convention grounds gates.

The security at the gates might hear it differently.

More info HERE

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Thanks to Wrongway Feldman for linking to the grounds access rules story on our website, which should provide much of the information you need in regards to this. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Thanks to Wrongway Feldman for linking to the grounds access rules story on our website, which should provide much of the information you need in regards to this. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks for the info, We come a week early and was hoping we would not be stranded at our camper.

Thanks again.

The main Scholler gate off the service road is ALWAYS open. The dicey ones are the ones leading to the show and Knapp St. and the one down south by the dump station.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The main Scholler gate off the service road is ALWAYS open. The dicey ones are the ones leading to the show and Knapp St. and the one down south by the dump station.
    Thanks...