Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp Scholler Opening

Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    Does anyone know if the beer coffin guy still attends? and where he usually camps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tu6-nM6LPw&t=80s
    He was definitely still there in 2017, didn’t see him in 2018.

thanks deftone

A friend of mine arrived yesterday. Between the huge “24 hour generator, no tents allowed” section and the ever expanding “Improved” sites (@$67/night!) those of us with tents in our group are already having to look out around the West Camp store to get a spot. I guess if you are on a budget and are unable to take part in the opening day land grab, you’d better be prepared for long hikes...........
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Schneider View Post
    A friend of mine arrived yesterday. Between the huge “24 hour generator, no tents allowed” section and the ever expanding “Improved” sites (@$67/night!) those of us with tents in our group are already having to look out around the West Camp store to get a spot. I guess if you are on a budget and are unable to take part in the opening day land grab, you’d better be prepared for long hikes...........
    I feel that. For the first time in the past 11 years, I’ve not been able to find a square inch of space between improved camping and the vintage fence. I ended up way way out near the expanded camping area. Airventure and Camp Scholler appear to be the hap’nin’ place to be.
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

If anyone is set up in the campground, what's the current Camp Scholler FICON report??

On Saturday it was dry and firm. There may have been a few isolated squishy spots, but otherwise in good shape. The farther out you get, the more the grass becomes field-like (vs lawn-like), but I don’t think that’s any sort of surprise
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Here in St. Louis, we've been getting the results of the tropical storm formerly known as Barry. It's... moist. July 16, and the ground is soaked and it's actually rather chilly for this time of year (though, that ends later today and we'll be back to our regularly scheduled scorching heat and humidity, now with added BONUS humidity!). Need to look at the storm track and see if this sky full of water is going to continue NNW, because if it does, things could get a bit squishy up at OSH soon.

Thanks for the report Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
    Need to look at the storm track and see if this sky full of water is going to continue NNW, because if it does, things could get a bit squishy up at OSH soon.
    Right now nothing is going N. of Chi Town. It's all going NE at that point.