Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Scholler Opening

Camp Scholler Opening

Arrived today to setup the camper. I was surprised that many good spots in Paul's Woods were vacant. Talked to another guy and EAA apparently did not allow any of the pre-opening day stake-outs to occur. He arrived at 5:30am and was the 30th in line. He said it was quite a line when the offices opened at 7am. At 12:30pm I rolled in with no wait and still got a great spot. It was a nice warm day with a little left over moisture from last night's storms. The camps grounds appear to be in great condition. The Country USA concert is still going on across the highway through tomorrow. Sounds good...

That's so cool to be able to show up at OSH long before the grand opening. I'm really looking forward to retirement and being able to drive the old RV to AirVenture for an extended stay.

I got there at 10:30 Friday morning and had no problem getting in. I was surprised at how many spots had already been staked out.
    Lost my favorite spot of at least 10 years, so moved up one lane. Place was clean and in good shape. Gotta remember to bring a lawn mower with me. Grass kind oh high.

Bill L

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    I got there at 10:30 Friday morning and had no problem getting in. I was surprised at how many spots had already been staked out.
    Lost my favorite spot of at least 10 years, so moved up one lane. Place was clean and in good shape. Gotta remember to bring a lawn mower with me. Grass kind oh high.
    There used to be an enterprising kid with a mower that would do it for you but I see the new campground "guidelines" put the kibosh on that.

Does anyone know the condition of the sites in the extended camping east of Stits? I drove through the area last year to check it out and it was fairly rough. Weeds/clover/grass, not mowed, port-o-lets few and far between. Now that it's officially on the map with streets and everything, I wonder if it's been improved or not.

I've never camped in Paul's Woods, actually never even ventured through there, what's it like? Is it for R/V's, Motor Homes and Campers only and does it cost more than the regular Camp Scholler sites ? I would definitely like to get there early one year and spend a couple of weeks just chillin' out before A/V starts.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Paul's Woods is just a section of the regular campground and is available on a "first come, first served" basis like the rest of Scholler. That said, you'd need to be there on the day the camp opens to have any hope of getting a spot.
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

This is as opposed to Audrey's Park which access is restricted to certain recognized volunteers.

Thanks Rod and Ron, I may never make it to Paul's Woods or Audrey's Park, but just being at A/V is a hoot in itself. I've enjoyed myself the 3 times I've attended and look forward to doing it again. Maybe next year, I can get there a few days early.
    Bob

Does anyone know if the beer coffin guy still attends? and where he usually camps? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tu6-nM6LPw&t=80s