Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Airventure App

While that may sound like a simple solution, it's waaaay more complicated than that. The app doesn't appear to have any account authentication at all, so that would have to be implemented. Then, they would have to figure out a way to link the calendar data on the website with the calendar data on the app. THEN, they would have to figure out a secure way to link the account on the app with the account on the website. Only then would they be able to go through the process of figuring out how to sync the user account data between the two.

So, yes, ideally, that is the solution, and even more ideally, the entire calendar system would have been designed like that from the get-go. It's much easier to design a system like that from the ground up than it is to try to shoehorn two completely independent systems together. It would probably take a small development team several weeks to do all this, assuming the app was even capable of that level of customization in the first place.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I think one of the problems is not all people that have the AirVenture App on their smartphone are EAA members.
    But I think you can create an account on the EAA website without being a EAA member.

Isn't there away to build an "My Itinerary" from using just the smartphone.
    Why can't the smartphone pull event data from EAA website's AirVenture Master Schedule of Events Calendar, and just save it to the smartphone?
    Is there not enough storage space on smartphones?

Couldn't you somehow save the "My Itinerary" from EAA's website and download it into the smartphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Couldn't you somehow save the "My Itinerary" from EAA's website and download it into the smartphone?
    Wrongway, that is what we have been asking for. Yes, the smart phone app can access the AirVenture Master Schedule, and the "My Itinerary" could be built on the phone, it's just that it is so much easier to do on a PC (or Mac, I suppose) we would like to be able to do that, then transfer it to the phone to make it portable. My phone has a 5" screen, which my bifocals don't always play nice with, vs a 27" on my PC, Then throw in a little Fat Finger Syndrome since the phone doesn't have a mouse, and you could see the extra difficulties.
    Dave

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Sounds like a no-brainer
    I was looking at the "My Itinerary" page on the EAA website and all they say is, if you want a copy of your itinerary you should print it out. There is no print link icon to print to a printer. How hard would it be to have a save link to save to a file so you could save it a smartphone.

I agree with you about that it would be so much easier to do on a PC. It is a lot easier to program my Bearcat scanner using a program on my PC. When I'm done I transfer the data via USB cable into the scanner. Video