Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Airventure App

2019 Airventure App

Does anyone have any information about when the app will be released? The Airventure website has said “coming soon” for quite a while now. I like to build my forum itinerary in the weeks leading up to Oshkosh, and unfortunately saving bookmarks on the website does not (or at least not in years past) sync over to the app. Usually the app has been released by this time in June. Is anyone else waiting for this thing to come out?

Open the “2018” app and it should update with the 2019 info. Or look for an update option in the app. They really should update the app and take 2018 out of the name.
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

It was released about 10 days ago.

I usually delete the app after the event and reinstall it before the next convention. You may want to try doing that to get it work. It was updated about 10 days ago.

Anyone know if the app syncs with the EAA website? For example if you build an itinerary online can you see it on the app?
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Man, I'd love to know the answer to this. I haven't found a way to sync the two. Which drives me bananas (especially since Customer and User Experience Design is what I do for a living...) because I *just* got done creating my schedule on the website only to find that there is no apparent way to transfer all that work to the app.

On top of that, it seems like the app is rather reliant on an Internet connection (as opposed to maintaining a lot of the data locally). We all know how good that is with a few hundred thousand people on the ground at KOSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Anyone know if the app syncs with the EAA website? For example if you build an itinerary online can you see it on the app?
    Nope, it does not sync. Here's what's on the EAA website's Schedule of Events page:

Events and attractions will be regularly added leading up to the event so come back often. *Please be reminded that any schedule you create for your "My Itinerary" on your EAA.org account will not be synced to the 2019 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh App. You will need to recreate your "My Itinerary" within the app to have your schedule appear there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    ...any schedule you create for your "My Itinerary" on your EAA.org account will not be synced to the 2019 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh App. You will need to recreate your "My Itinerary" within the app to have your schedule appear there.
    I would literally be fired from my job if I designed a critical function of an event website and app to be like this.

If I could convince my wife to live in Wisconsin (bwahahahaha...) I would petition to become EAA's User Experience Architect. Because there is SO much that could be SO much better, especially with regards to the EAA customer experience (ticketing, trams, camping, itinerary planning, yada yada yada).

I appreciate the hard work... don't get me wrong. But there are several pretty high profile misses.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
    I would literally be fired from my job if I designed a critical function of an event website and app to be like this.
    Some of us have been trying to convince them for years that their app is poor quality but it falls on deaf ears. I’m not a developer but I’ve used enough good event apps to know what is possible and where they fall short. Perhaps a knowledgeable opinion like yours can convince them. Join the chorus!
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Some of us have been trying to convince them for years that their app is poor quality but it falls on deaf ears. I’m not a developer but I’ve used enough good event apps to know what is possible and where they fall short. Perhaps a knowledgeable opinion like yours can convince them. Join the chorus!
    Jeff, what can we do to help? For me as a OSH vet, the app is essentially useless as is as the only feature that I find particularly useful for me is the itinerary. However, as I have a smallish iPhone SE it's cumbersome to create a large, multi-day itinerary on the phone. Way easier to do that on my desktop computer.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!