Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Airventure App

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    ...However, as I have a smallish iPhone SE it's cumbersome to create a large, multi-day itinerary on the phone. Way easier to do that on my desktop computer.
    I, too, have a small(ish) 'phone (a 4S and a 7), but I don't think it's the point of this discussion. The web page and the app should be synced because once an itinerary is produced on a desktop computer, the most convenient way to refer to it during the convention is to have it on your 'phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I, too, have a small(ish) 'phone (a 4S and a 7), but I don't think it's the point of this discussion. The web page and the app should be synced because once an itinerary is produced on a desktop computer, the most convenient way to refer to it during the convention is to have it on your 'phone.
    Actually it is, just another reason the app and our online accounts should sync. It’s just as valid as your point that referring to an itinerary on your phone during OSH is the most convenient way. For me the most convenient way to build the itinerary is on a computer with the phone size being one of the reasons why, among others.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Jeff, what can we do to help?
    About all we can do is what we’re doing- let them know about our concerns. Some of the HQ folks monitor this forum. Maybe one day we’ll finally get through.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Some of the HQ folks monitor this forum.
    Hey, EAA HQ! I'm a seasoned User Experience Architect that is DYING to work with a general aviation organization to make the world a better place when it comes to technology interactions. See all of the grumbling in the forums? I can fix that

Found something else I don’t like— multiple copies don’t sync. So if I open the app on my phone and then on my tablet they open as unique instances since the app isn’t linked to a user or an account so there’s no data sharing. You guys really need add a way to link the app to our EAA accounts so the app and website all share our account data so we can access things like the itinerary no matter if we go through the app or website.
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    This might give some insight.

EAA Airventure App Training Video Duration 29:41

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    This might give some insight.

EAA Airventure App Training Video Duration 29:41
    A 30 min app training video --YGTBSM. No way I'm watching that.
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

What he said.

As a User Experience Architect (with significant mobile experience) myself... if you need a freaking 30 minute (!!!!) tutorial video on how to use your app, you are doing something very, very wrong. Sheesh. (I know this is likely a 3rd party app, not something directly developed by EAA, but... oy.)

I just logged in with my laptop, and all the stuff I had put into My Itinerary with my desktop were there, so the PCs are syncing through the user account. Maybe they should just get the app to sign it to the user account?

Dave