Thread: Thursday Warbirds of America Show Time

Thursday Warbirds of America Show Time

Does Anyone know around what time the Warbirds of America portion of Thursday’s Airshow will begin? Im looking to reserve my landing slot in Appleton and want to make sure we’ll have enough time to get in and drive over to Oshkosh for it. I’ve never really had the issue of trying to time out a specific component of the show but would like to know this time. Anyone have an idea? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    Does Anyone know around what time the Warbirds of America portion of Thursday’s Airshow will begin? Im looking to reserve my landing slot in Appleton and want to make sure we’ll have enough time to get in and drive over to Oshkosh for it. I’ve never really had the issue of trying to time out a specific component of the show but would like to know this time. Anyone have an idea? Thanks guys
    Do we need slots for Appleton?

IFR Slot Reservations are required. If you’re planning on going IFR just log into the FAA e-STMP website once we get closer to Airventure and you can make your reservation. Otherwise no reservation is required that I am aware of. I always file IFR when coming for the show. Covered either way then.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Daily Air Shows
    Monday-Saturday: 2:30-6 p.m.
    Sunday: 1-4:30 p.m.

Night Air Shows
    Wednesday & Saturday: 8-10 p.m.
    Go HERE for a list of each days show performers and planes. Each days list is not the order in which they will perform.

There is a Airshow Schedule that comes out daily around 12:00 PM Noon. Which is not much help for you.
    The Airshow Schedule, list, Begin and End times for each performer/s.
    I think it is also posted on the AirVenture website and also available as a pdf
    The Airshow Schedule photo below was taped to the convention headquarters window.

Your best bet is to keep checking the website or be on the grounds between 2:30-6 p.m Thursday July 25.

Name:  av 15 003.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  101.9 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-20-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Yep, and don't count on being able to depart much past noon. They never tell us in advance when they're going to close the field for some pre-airshow demonstration.

Thanks for the info guys- I appreciate it. I’m staging multiple activities into one summer here for the kids and their most favorite part of the Airshow is the Warbirds of America portion. We’ll be coming from the Dells which is stage 2 of our epic summer trip and since I want to give the kids as much time as possible there, I’m trying to coordinate up perfect timing. I’d like to file my IFR slot for 1:45pm so we’re on the ground by 2 heading over to Pick up the car and be on our way to the show by 2:30pm. I think this would set us up with Pretty good timing for the Warbirds. Parking is already set up so don’t meed to worry about that. Mainly just trying to coordinate a perfect strike package to get the kiddos as much pool time as possible at the Dells while not missing their favorite 1st Day’s highlights at the show! Lol daunting task when you’re trying to Meet the Mission Objective for 12 year olds!

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    If you're interested.
    The convention headquarters window that the Airshow Schedule was taped to. is located on the northeast side of Exhibit Hanger A. or 240' feet southwest of the FAA Air Traffic Control tower.
    Next to the Airshow Schedule there are small sliding windows with nice ladies behind them, you can ask them question about stuff.

Name:  Airshow Schedule window.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  81.8 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 06-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Is this where it is always posted? I thought it was posted by the airshow pilots building by the announcers stand. (Maybe that's why I could never find it! I've always had to wait for someone to post it on Facebook.)

I suspect it's the same schedule everybody gets. Round about lunchtime someone runs the two schedules around to everybody (one for whatever showcase is going on and one for the main airshow). We get one in Vintage ops and in each of the point shacks (little plywood buildings on the burn line).